About Me

Friday 29 November 2013

Rain rain go away, a great day for xmas shopping!




It is wet, wet, wet here. It has rained heavily since early this morning and not about to let up.  My youngest had his footy final this morning and was going to cheer his team on but it is way too wet for him to navigate his crutches through the mud, grass and grandstand and as you can imagine he is incredibily disappointed.

So we are venturing into the shops today to do some xmas shopping.  I have more of an idea now of what to get who and started yesterday.  The man of the house is very keen which is unusual for him to want to go any where near shops but he does look forward to xmas. I do need to keep him away from shops with xmas decorations and lights as we have more than we need.    I left him to go to Bunnings, the hardware store this morning, which is not always a good idea.   He has already been gone an hour so who knows what he will come home with!

We are indeed looking forward to putting up the xmas tree tomorrow and if it still raining, baking the much anticipated and delicious  family christmas cake.

Here are a few Xmas gifts  I have found on my travels…

Kmart have some great stocking stuffers.  It has been a while since I have been in Kmart but I was incredibly surprised.  Visit www.kmart.com.au
·      Audiosonic Portable Speaker – great for iphone, ipad etc.  These come in pink and black and also make great Secret  Santa presents at $8.00
·      Jigsaws – my eldest used to do a lot of those in New Zealand, they are fantastic for rainy days.
·   Jackeroo Picnic Basket – wicker basket stocked with plates cups and utensils – great for those summer get togethers at the beach or park
·  Books – Matthew Reilly, The Tournament.  Fabulous Australian Author who writes great masterpieces.  Catching Fire,  the latest Hunger Games movie sequel by Suzanne Collins.
·       Magazine subscriptions   are a great gift that keeps on giving throughout the year. It is really nice to receive a magazine in the mail and sit down with a cuppa… There are a great range of magazines from Australian Womens Weekly to  Better Homes and Gardens to Fishing World.  As a lover of food I just love my Donna Hay Magazine at www.donnahay.com.au
·      Mandate Menswear stock  beautiful David Smith Shirts.  Gorgeous, uniquely designed  shirts for the man in your life who loves style and quality.  www.mandatemenswear.com.au
·      City Beach have a great range wallets, tees-hirts and boardshorts for the teenagers in your life or if you are not sure what they want, a gift card there is a fantastic idea.  www.citybeach.com.au
·      M&Ms never go amiss and there is a great range of M&M gadgets at Target.  I  love the M&M drummer!  Or for the more adult, the biggest  Toberone or Lindor chocolates, my favourite dark chocolate.

I will get out the Christmas Cake recipe and put it in my next blog.  Until next time, have a great one.    Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment