A little late, but it is always still worth the wait.
- 1 Bag Fruit Mix (Approx 1 kg)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 395 gsm Tin Condensed Milk
- 350 gsm butter
- 1 1/2 cups of cold water
- 1 Tablespoon of Plum Jam
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 1/2 cups of Plain Flour
- 2 Tablespoons of Brandy (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon Glycerin
- Line cake tin well with baking paper
- Turn oven to 180 degrees celcius
- Place all ingredients in large saucepan except baking soda, flour and brandy.
- Stir well and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes
- Sift baking soda into cool mixture and stir well.
- Stir in sifted flour.
- Bake 180 for approximately 2-2 1/2 hours - check with skewer.
- Optional - pour some brandy over cake when cold
This cake is great as is or topped with melt in your mouth butter icing.
To finish spread with plum jam all over cake, roll out marzipan and mould over cake, trimming edges. Place softened butter (approx 250 gsm in bowl) and beat until light and fluffy. Slowly add 3 cups of icing sugar and beat until mixture is pale and fluffy. With palette knife spread icing roughly on cake.
Enjoy and wishing you all a very merry xmas xx
(This recipe is for personal use only, please obtain permission from the author to use commercially)